Saturday, September 23, 2006

$4, baby!

In preparation for our upcoming trip to South Africa (and the accompanying 14 hour flight), Joe and I took a trip to a local used book store to stock on up reading materials.

After wandering the aisles, I was pleased to find a large selection of books to take with me. The last find was the best: the recently released hardback novel called The Ruins by Scott Smith ... for only $4!

It was on the bestseller lists earlier this summer, and while I've heard it's not the best book ever written, it's a horror about a man-eating plant in Mexico. Sounds like the perfect plane book for me! (I love zombie movies, so figured this book falls into a similar genre, plus I'm not vacationing to Mexico!)

Other books include:
Watership Down
The Confessions of Max Tivoli
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
The Big Love and
The Blind Assassin.

Total cost for these books (plus the 5 or so books Joe picked up): $35
Having something good to read on a 14 hour flight when the on-board movie is one you've seen: Priceless

No comments: