Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ava swims

I'm lazy. I'm not going to pack up the baby, the stroller, the diaper bag, find a bathing suit (for me) that fits and traipse on over to the swimming pool only to have to unpack all the above items for only 20 minutes in the water.

I was bored. Ava and I went to Wal-Mart (yeehaw!) for an outing yesterday; it's closer than Target. There was nothing else to do while Joe was out riding his bike.

I was bored and I am lazy. I bought a baby pool. Joe blew it up later. Ava had fun. All good for her first time in a pool. I'll look into swimming lessons for babies later and for that I'll traipse on over to the indoor pool, but for now, a 7 month old does not need to spend hours outside in the sun just for a little splashy time. Our deck gets lots of shade in the afternoon, and after her nap, I think she and I will have fun splashing in our own pool - we'll enjoy it even more when she can sit up on her own and splash away!

She pretty much floated in circles. This was her favorite position - much like on dry land, she figured she can spin in circles much quicker since her "little swimmers" diaper acted as a flotation device.

Don't be fooled by the drool glinting on her bottom gumline.

"My future's so bright . . ."

2 comments:

Casey, Gillian, Lilah, & Violet said...

Her bathing suit is TOO cute! We must be on the same wavelength...or be home and bored too much - I had just gotten her baby pool (formerly the dog's) out as well!

Cate Sia said...

Wow! I haven't been checking your blog in a while with all the chaos of moving! Ava looks so much older! And adorable in her pool! Please come visit us next time you come to VA. We even will have a guest room and fenced backyard for the dogs!