Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Could get away with murder?

So, we're getting our yard prepped for sod this weekend; sod will be set out on Monday. Our county is in the midst of water restrictions due to the severe drought conditions, so I was told by someone who worked for the Town of Clayton to call the "code enforcement officers" to find out about getting permission to water our sod every day for 2 weeks.

I called. Here's a snippet of the conversation:

Lady: Clayton police.
Dale: Yes, I was told to call this number and speak with the code enforcement officers about watering my yard on the restricted days.
Lady: Hold please.

Another lady: Animal control.
Dale: Yes, I was told to call this number and speak with the code enforcement officers about watering my yard on the restricted days. Since you're animal control, perhaps I have the wrong person.
Lady: No, that's me.
Dale: Great! We're getting new sod this weekend and I wanted to find out how to get permission to water on the restricted days as we have to water the new sod for at least 2 weeks.
Lady: That's fine.
Dale: Great! Do you need my name and address for the record?
Lady: Um...... No, I have so many things to keep track of right now. You'll be fine. If anyone shows up or questions you, just tell you spoke with me.

I had to ask her what her name was just for my records, since they don't seem too hung up on keeping such things.

So, I'm wondering. If it's this easy to break the water restrictions and water every day, what other rules might we be able to break - er, bend - easily?

No comments: