Thursday, September 20, 2007

Summer's bounty in the fall

A trip to Lowes with my friend Michelle yesterday prompted Joe and I to return to Lowes in the evening and purchase some of the flowers I had planned on planting in the front beds next spring. Fall is the time for planting and since the store had the flowers I wanted, we planted them now instead of next year.

Here's what the yard has looked like over the past year and a half, ending with the newest additions: black-eyed susans, coneflowers, and white daisies. I think the coneflowers will flower next summer (there are no unopened buds) but the black-eyed susans are in full bloom and the white daisies are covered with buds ready to open. Looks like we'll have some color soon!


PS. We LOVE loropetalums (the three purple shrubs in the front/middle) - they've just taken off this summer, despite some rather severe drough conditions.

No comments: