Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Favorite Christmas Songs

Spent a little time today searching through iTunes for some of my favorite Christmas songs for a mixed CD. And as I type this entry, I'm rockin' out to my favorite song: Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses - my favorite radio station in DC (the now defunct 99.1 WHFS) would always play this at the start of the holiday season; for me, the holidays didn't start until 99.1 played this song.

Some of the others on the list:

* Last Christmas by Wham! (and the remake by Jimmy Eat World)
* Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt
* God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan
* I Won't Be Home for Christmas by Blink 182 (ok, so this isn't probably the most child-friendly song, but I still love it!)

A song that did not and will not make the list:

* Grandma got run over by a reindeer - If there's a song that brings out the bah-humbug in me, it's this one!

No comments: