Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Going to the d-o-g-s

This was overheard at our house this morning:

Dale: I kinda want to take the b-a-b-y on a w-a-l-k around the l-a-k-e but I'm afraid that if I do, the d-o-g will p-o-o-p on my bed.

Joe: I'd be afraid to take the b-a-b-y given the look on the d-o-g-s face right now.

In the end, Joe stayed home with the b-a-b-y and I took the d-o-g on a w-a-l-k.

Sheesh. Ava isn't even speaking yet and already we're spelling things out loud!

On a side Ava note, "words" we've heard to date:

- dadadada
- nananana
- ba ba ba (each sound said one at a time instead of in a string)

and finally...

- mamamama

Of course, we realize that she doesn't know what she's saying, but it's nice anyway!

1 comment:

nikole said...

Too funny! I think that one day I will figure out how to take the dog and the baby on a walk at the same time, but I'm guessing it won't be anytime soon.