Monday, July 09, 2007

Joe feels the bean!

After my doctor's appointment later this morning, we'll be able to say "he" or "she" instead of constantly refering to the baby as "it." But last night, Joe felt it!

The baby is most active around 2-3pm and bedtime (both when I'm laying down... for a nap or to read before bed). Yesterday afternoon, I thought I felt movement from the outside, so I told Joe the next time I felt a movement, I'd let him know. So, it's bedtime and I felt the flutter, so Joe put his hand on my belly and we waited. And waited. And waited. And sure enough, he felt it move - twice! We're very happy as most of the books say you *might* feel the baby between 16-20 weeks but most likely not until 20 weeks - and that's for the mom feeling the internal flutters or "quickening." I've been feeling the baby since 16 weeks and Joe got to feel it at 18! Woohoo!

Off to get ready for the big ultrasound!

No comments: