Friday, January 04, 2008

As heard on NPR

While sitting in the bedroom on the comfy glider nursing Ava, there's not much to do but stare at the walls and sleeping Indi. So, I've taken to listening to NPR since Joe found the UNC station a few weeks ago. I've never been one for public radio but a few days of listening and I find it quite interesting - especially the BBC news segments. I feel quite cultured getting my news from abroad!

I just heard a story about a blog from a soldier from WW1 - actually, his grandson made the blog by transcribing his grandfather's letters. He adds to it 90 years to the day that each letter was written. Seems it goes back over a year - he did refuse to say what happened to his grandfather, that bloggers must read each entry to find out how the story ends.

Here's the blog: WW1: Experiences of an English Soldier

No comments: